Sunday, January 02, 2011

Resolute


After a quick review of 2010, I have decided on one simple goal for 2011: to wake up. I realized this last week that the traumas of 2009 seemed to trickle into 2010 and I all but gave up trying in many areas of my life. I closed my eyes and ignored what I didn’t have the brain power to acknowledge and let slide what felt like too much effort. Not anymore.
• I plan to take a closer look at how I schedule my time.
• I plan to review each week with an open mind and make adjustments.
• I want to look in my children's faces as they talk about their day and enjoy
their reactions to the new things they discover.
• I want to see those around me for who they are trying to be and recognize
how my actions might affect them.
• I plan to be alert to the opportunities presented to me, both for my benefit
and to benefit others.
• I plan to step back and absorb the beauty in the world every chance I get.
• I want to smile more and see my friends’ eyes light up with joy as often as
possible.
• I want to take a hard look at myself and make some much needed changes for
my health.
Here I go, into a new year with eyes wide open! Happy New Year friends!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have inspiring goals! I know you can do it! You are an amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete